Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Phantom of the Operator: A Ghost call at premium rates.



It is lunchtime in Baguio City, Philippines and I happen to look at my cellphone. I realize with horror that it was connected to a call. I am making a phantom call by accidentally pressing a button whilst in my pocket.

I quickly end the call and looked at call history to find out where and for how long.

Ruh Ruh as Scobby Doo would say: I had made a 90 minutes international call to my voicemail back in the US.

ARGHHH! This is going to cost me a pretty penny as it is roaming rates. Not only that but I have nobody to blame but myself.

Still luckily I see the funny side… Not.

I will tomorrow though as I add it to my alternative resume of anti-accomplishments.

Yours, kicking himself.

Phileas Fogg.
9th March 2008: Baguio City

No comments: