Saturday, June 28, 2008

Row Row Row your boat..

Browsing the web today, I came across an'in joke' on Google maps. Type in driving instructions from Sydney, Australia to Houston, Texas and you'll get maps shown left. Look closely at the Driving instructions in steps 6:-:
Kayak across the Pacific Ocean
Entering United States (Washington)
12,724 km 40 days 19 hours
Don't believe me? Click on this link.

Ah, Blessed are the Geeks: for they shall inherit the (Google) Earth.

Phileas Fogg,
Houston Texas nowhere near Sydney Australia,
28th June 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an avid sailor and efficacious kayakaphobic, the google-selected transportation offends me beyond no end.

I have started a frenetic letter writing campaign (destination not yet selected),have removed google from my browser...and may cancel my internet service altogether!!

Ignacious Crane,
Assistant Treasurer,
Young Optimists of Austin